Makeup By Heather

Makeup By Heather
Self taught makeup artist. Special Effects Makeup is my favorite but my skills also include Bridal, Prom, Everyday and any Occasion makeup.

Saturday, June 27, 2015



So a few nights ago I was in a mood to play with my costume makeup that I hadn't touched for awhile because, well it's not Halloween, and that is usually when I use it.  So I pulled it out and wanted to do a no mouth/speak no evil type of deal and.........it totally sucked. That is the picture right under this text.  I was frustrated and annoyed because if I had been practicing more I would of probably nailed it.  I ripped it off (it was just latex and toilet paper) and was going to just jump in the shower and give up but then I decided to try again but do a zombie look because zombies are my specialty during Halloween time and I am ALWAYS trying to improve them (have a big new plan to try out soon for a different type of zombie look).  I am doing a big photo shoot next month where I will be doing zombie makeup, regular dirty looking people that are running from zombies and also photographing the whole things myself......going to be a big job but I think I am the best at zombies so I want to highlight it and then put the photos in my portfolio to show people during Halloween. 



So this is the zombie look that I came up with, I had already posted some darker creepier pictures of this but I decided to show a brighter one where you can see the colors and details better.  I did an opened up rotting jaw and two wounds.  I was going for a nasty infected look so I did the veins coming off of each wound to give a "the infection is spreading" type of thing.  I usually do my zombie wounds much darker but because I was going for a rotten infected look I decided to put a lot of yellow and green in the surrounding skin of the wounds.  I took the veins down my neck but cut it off there.  I was surprised myself with how good this turned out.  It was one of the best zombies I've done (besides the one I did on my husband where he was missing an eye lol).  It gave me a lot of much needed confidence for the shoot next month.  What I love the most about zombies is that every single one I do is never the same, I try sometimes to replicate exactly what an old one looked like but they always turn out just a little different and unique.  

No comments:

Post a Comment